I get post-holiday blues badly and after the summer it seems even worse. In September, we eked out every last moment of the UK holiday season.
We continued a bit of the vacation vibe that we enjoyed in August by spending a week away from home but working from Tin Box.
Sadly the real world caught up with us mid-September. Thankfully the holidays made a resurgence at the end of the month with a trip to Cornwall. More on that another time. In the meantime, here’s what we got up to in September:
- September began with our first ever glamping experience. We were invited to review a safari tent at Crealy Meadows in East Devon, which is part of the Crealy Adventure Park & Resort. I also did a vlog about our weekend.
- We left Crealy and headed straight to Hampshire where we parked Tin Box at a Caravan Club CL for the week. Mr Tin Box and I went to work for a few days, while the Tin Box girls enjoyed lots of quality time with their grandparents and cousins.
- I made a flying visit to London in the middle of September for the MAD Blog Awards with Tots100. I had a wonderful, if not super-short, stay at the five star Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington.
- It wasn’t until the second week in September that we actually spent any time at home. From then we were catching up with our friends and neighbours for lots of play dates on the days I wasn’t working.
- On the days I was working I was able to get away from my desk and travel around the area to a few networking events, including one in Brixham where I snapped the lovely shot above from Berry Head Hotel. You’d hardly believe it was taken in the UK.
- By the third week, Mr Tin Box resumed his regular work trips up to the Breacon Beacons in Wales. He noticed a definite change in the weather so his pleasant walks through the mountains are soon going to become a lot wetter and chillier.
- We had a great time at Crealy Adventure Park while we were there glamping. The girls were able to go on a lot more rides than we expected and there was still lots to do when it started to rain. We’ll definitely be back.
- While we were in Hampshire we had time to meet up with friends for days out at Stansted House in West Sussex, Hill Head and Chichester.
- Back in Devon, we went hunting for rhinos in Paignton via the Dartmouth Steam Railway. This was a brilliant adventure for the girls as it involved a boat trip across the River Dart, a ride on a steam train and exploring our local area on foot.
You can see pictures from all our adventures at a glance on my Instagram account.
- It’s been tough choosing my blogging highlight of the month but it has to be relaunching the #MondayEscapes linky with Sarah from Extraordinary Chaos, Karen from Mini Travellers and Lisa from Travel Loving Family. We’ve taken on this popular linky community from the wonderful Ting at My Travel Monkey and Allane from Packing My Suitcase. It’s a big job but I’m so excited about it. Join us every fortnight with posts about travel at home and away.
- An extremely close second as far as blogging highlights go was attending the Tots100 MAD Blog Awards in London. Last year I watched the night’s events unfold on Twitter. So it was a thrill to actually be there this year and as a finalist!
- It may have been the wrong month for it, but September saw a lot of spring cleaning happening on the blog. I recategorised all my posts to focus on types of holidays, days out and locations. Hopefully this will make some of my older posts easier to find. I’ve also added some code to the site that turns all my photos into Rich Pins on Pinterest. This is another drive to help people find my posts.
- On the blog I’ve been writing about my new blogger ambassador role with Bosinver Farm Cottages in Cornwall, Devon family events this autumn, Florence with toddlers, and my travel blogging essentials.
- Reviews I’ve done include Powderham Castle and Killerton National Trust.
- My most popular blog post of the month was Glamping at Crealy Meadows in Devon: safari tent review.
- I’ve been featured on Trips100 in its favourite Instagram posts of the month and in the Britmums summer travel round up.
- Featured on Travel Timehop were Lauren from Travel Your Dreams and Jo from Wander with Jo. Thanks so much to them both for taking part.
As ever, thank you so much for reading! I love hearing what people think about my blog so feel free to leave a comment below or browse around. You can also find me on Bloglovin’, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google+ and LinkedIn.