Essential packing list: glamping with kids
*This post contains affiliate links*
If, like me, you’re a fair weather camper then glamping is the way forward. We’ve now been on a couple of different glamping breaks with children so know the equipment you get with your glamping tent or pod varies. It could be as basic as a pre-pitched bell tent with camping beds or as luxurious as a fully fitted out safari tent with a kitchen and bathroom. Our accommodation during our most recent glamping weekend was somewhere in between. So what should be on your packing list for glamping with kids?
It’s always best to check what comes with your tent before you travel. But, as a starting point, I’ve listed below what we recommend packing when heading off on a glamping trip with children. You might also like to cast your eye over my self-catering holiday packing list.
If your a regular traveller or want to plan more adventures with your kids sign up to my newsletter for tips, reviews and destination guides.
Essential packing list for glamping with kids
- Sleeping bags – the girls loved using their new Burka Lightweight Kids sleeping bags from Trespass during our recent glamping trip and were kept cosy even in March
- Duvet and sheets – if you’re aiming for luxury glamping
Don’t forget: Bed socks – not sexy but essential. They’ll also keep your feet warm if you have to step outside your warm bed at night.
Cooking and eating
- Chopping board
- Plates and bowls
- Bottle opener
- Can opener
- Cork screw
- A cool box and freezer blocks
- Kitchen roll
- Lighter or matches
- Tin foil and cling film
- Tea and coffee
- BBQ and tools – we love our portable and tidy Lotus Grill* which comes with its own travel bag. If you’re looking for something that’s more versatile but also portable we can also recommend the Camping Party Grill. Read our full review of this excellent camping stove.
Don’t forget: Bottled water or a water container to refill at the tap.
Don’t forget: change for hot water in toilet blocks.
- Folding camping chairs*
- Picnic blanket*
- Books and magazines – we’re yet to come across glamping with a TV
- A radio or wifi speakers – we love a bit of background music and get a lot of use out of our tiny Betron Bluetooth speaker*.
- A washing up bowl
- Washing up liquid
- Tea towels
- Wet wipes
- Anti back wipes
Don’t forget: hand gel – super handy if you don’t have running water at your tent, pod or shepherds hut.
For the kids
- Drinks bottles
- Kids cutlery
- Kids cups
- A Trunki* packed with toys, colouring and books. Our girls love having their own bags to pack and bring away on holidays
Don’t forget: a potty – even if your children are potty trained this will save you a moonlit trip to the toilet block in the middle of the night.
- Really Useful Box* – we keep all of our glamping cooking, washing up and cleaning essentials in one of these sturdy boxes as it’s easy to pack, replenish and transport in the back of our car
- Wellie boots
- Portable power bank* for charging phones and tablets. We’re big fans of ANKER products and this small power bank comes with me everywhere
What have I missed? If you have something you could not go camping without then let me know. I’d love to hear what’s on your glamping with kids packing list.
If you’re looking for glamping or camping inspiration then check out these blog posts by other families:
- Safari Tent Glamping at Crealy Meadows in Devon
- A family Glamping adventure ay Jollydays in Yorkshire
- Ready Camp with the Camping and Caravan Club in Scarborough
- Glamping at the Dandelion Hideaway in Leicestershire
Disclosure: we were sent Trespass sleeping bags in exchange for a mention on the blog. Items marked with a * are affiliate links. This means if you click through and make a purchase I will earn some commission. This does not cost you extra.
Pin for later