Five essential items for caravanning with a baby
It’s difficult enough for new parents to remember their own heads when packing for a trip away with a little person. But there are a few items that we couldn’t have done without in our first year as a Tin Box family, particularly during our initial weekends and longer holidays caravanning with a baby. Read on to find out what made it onto our essential packing list.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Caravanning with a baby – five things you must pack
Here’s our run down of five essential pieces of equipment to pack when you are taking a caravanning break with a baby.
Even the tiniest of babies quickly outgrow the bathroom sink in a caravan. Rather than try to fit a rigid baby bath into Tin Box we spent a couple of quid on a Flexibucket*, which fulfils the job of bathtub brilliantly. It’s also a perfect fit for our circular shower tray and provides extra storage while not full of bubbles and ducks.
These were ideal for sorting out Tin Box Tot’s extensive wardrobe of tiny garments. Storage baskets* are a must if you want to make it easy to find clean vests and sleep suits in the middle of the night. We bought four baskets of about 20cm by 30cm, which fit snuggly into one of the overhead lockers.
Cold water bottle steriliser
Floor seat and tray
What about a baby cot?
We could never find a travel cot to fit in our touring caravans so we had to be inventive. Find out about our caravan beds for babies and toddlers.
We’d love to hear about your essential items for caravanning with a baby.
Here’s some more posts about caravanning with a baby or toddler, plus lots of tips on things to pack in your tin box:
- A no nonsense caravan packing list
- How to organise your caravan
- A guide to caravan insurance
- Camping games for the whole family
- Coleman Event Dome XL review
- PRIMA Classic Canopy Air Awning 390 review
- Bailey Phoenix 650 family caravan review
- What to pack when glamping with kids
- Things you need when caravanning with a baby
- What to pack when caravanning with a toddler
- Tips for surviving road trips with young children
- Self catering holiday packing list
- Must-haves for travelling with babies and toddlers
Disclosure: this post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click through and make a purchase I may earn commission from the sale. This is at no additional cost to you.
Planning on caravanning with a baby? Pin this post for future reference.