A Tin Box Traveller bloggerversary
Fanfare please…today (13 December) Tin Box Traveller turns two. I’ll be celebrating this milestone with a hot (if I’m lucky) cuppa, but secretly wishing it was a glass of bubbly. The proper celebration will have to wait until the arrival of Tin Box Baby 2 in April.
|A celebration of some of our favourite Tin Box moments|
I’m a writer by profession and I knew a reasonable amount about websites and social media when I launched Tin Box Traveller. However, if anyone had mentioned linkys or rafflecopters to me I would have had to ask what language they were speaking.
However, I still feel like I’ve got a lot to learn. I’m always thinking ‘if only I had more time’, especially now that every waking hour I’d rather be sleeping as the bump that is TBB2 devours all my energy.
Tin Box Traveller has and continues to be an amazing online hobby that runs in parallel to my off-line pastime of caravanning. It’s grown with me to become a travel and family-themed corner of the web that I nurture with a bit of humour and good old fashioned holiday fun.
Here’s a few of the things I’ve learnt during the past two years:
- Caravanning is as much fun as a mummy as it was when I was a child
- I love getting away from the house and the all the chores that mercilessly gobble up the weekends when we are not in the caravan
- You get out of your blog and blogging what you put in
- But it’s OK to take a break when other areas of your life need more attention – unless you are trying to make a living out of it!
- The subject matter of your blog is not necessarily going to end up being what you expected it to be – and that’s OK, as long as you enjoy what you are sharing
- Oh, and I now know what linkys are and have even entered a few competitions using rafflecopters!!