I am award-winning *blushes*. Well, kind of. Thank you so much to Laura at Life with Baby Kicks for tagging me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. It’s one of the many posts circulating blogophere that allows you to share stuff about yourself that you might not usually write about. You also get to ask other bloggers a few things you’ve been dying to know.
If you’d like to read Laura’s answers then pop on over to her blog. All I’m going to say is that if I had a robot I would be programming it to do exactly the same as Laura!
Here’s the rules:
- Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to their blog
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Nominate seven bloggers for the award
- Write 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Display the Award on your blog or post.
So, lets crack on with it! Here’s what Laura asked me:
1. What made you start blogging in the first place?
I was just about to go on maternity leave before having Tin Box Tot and I wanted a writing hobby. My background is in journalism and public relations, and I’ve always enjoyed working online. Starting my own blog seemed like an obvious project to dip into between feeds and nappy changes.
2. What’s your favourite post and why?
3. How do you relax?
I love a massage but don’t get to the spa as much as I’d like (may be a Christmas present Mr TB? Hint!). More often than not I relax with a glass of wine and Netflix.
4. Where is your favourite place in the whole world?
My bed – no contest!
5. What would your superhero name and power be?
Is this one of those questions where I have to combine the colour of my knickers with the name of my first pet? If so, it would be Turquoise Schnitzel. That sounds rude! My power would be eating as much cake as I could stomach and never putting on an ounce.
6. Have you ever been in hospital?
A part from when I was born, the only time I’ve had to stay in hospital was after the birth of Tin Box Tot. It was a long labour with a lot of intervention in the final stages. Most people have forceps or ventouse. I had both…yep, ouchy!
7. Favourite drink?
Have I already mentioned wine? But after two babies you’re much more likely to find me with a latte in my hand. Decaf and skinny.
8. Best book you’ve ever read?
I haven’t read a book – a part from children’s stories – for such a long time. I really can’t think of one off the top of my head and feel a little ashamed to admit it.
9. Favourite smell?
Clean bed sheets – it’s all part of what makes my happy place special.
10. Favourite way to exercise? (Looking for inspiration!)
In my 20s I preferred to go to the gym on my own but now I do classes and have found I love a bit of competition. I push myself more. My favourite classes are circuits and spinning.
Now, on to some questions for my nominees:
1. What’s the worst place you’ve ever been on holiday?
2. Heels or flats?
3. When was the last time you got on a plane and where did you go?
4. How many items in your fridge are out of date?
5. Are you a camper or a glamper?
6. What was your first ever blog post about? Link it if you dare!
7. What’s your top UK holiday destination?
8. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? What have you bought?
9. Is there a day out or attraction you’d like to visit that’s right on your doorstep but you haven’t gotten round to doing yet?
10. What’s your favourite linky or blog hop and why?