14 reasons to love weekend breaks
We love to get away for weekend breaks in our caravan. In fact during the summer months we often wake up more Saturday mornings in Tin Box than at home.
There’s plenty of reasons why we’d rather be hitching up for adventures than hanging out in familiar surroundings. And many of these apply whether you are camping, renting a holiday cottage or splashing out on a hotel getaway.
- You get that ‘holiday feeling’ every time – you know that feeling of anticipation in the final few days before a holiday? The more weekend breaks you do, the more you get to enjoy that feeling.
- Packing isn’t too arduous – as we’re away for just a few nights we don’t need to think too hard about what to take.
- We can ditch the chores – housework and DIY is out of sight and out of mind when we go away. Bye bye hover – we’ll send you a postcard!
- It’s an opportunity to discover doorstep wonders – we regularly stay places that are less than an hour down the road and get to appreciate some of our local sights that we might otherwise overlook.
- We think more about food – at home it’s easy to get into a dull routine with meals. Just by being in a different place we find ourselves being more adventurous with our food, especially if Mr TB can cook it on a barbecue.
- We get more fresh air – it’s a great way to wear out Tin Box Tot for a good night’s sleep and maybe even a Sunday lay in past 6.30am. Woo hoo!
- There’s interesting sniffs – we can take Tin Box Dog on different walks, which generally makes us all go further because it’s more interesting.
- We use less technology – the TV rarely goes on and if we have no signal the smartphones get popped in a cupboard until we go home. A tech free weekend can be a bit of a relief sometimes.
- More books get read – at home there’s always something else to sort out, but when we are away we can just relax with a book and a cuppa.
- Less time is spent on the unimportant stuff – getting up in the morning, choosing clothes and putting on makeup – me, not Mr TB – all seem to take less time because we are excited about getting on with our day.
- There’s more time for cuddles – a lot of evenings Mr TB and I are in separate rooms – him playing computer games and me on my laptop writing various things. When we are away we don’t have those distractions and cuddle a lot more.
- We play together – Tin Box Tot gets quality time playing with mummy and daddy without mundane ‘home stuff’ distracting us.
- We don’t feel guilty about doing nothing – we can kick back care free when we are away from our usual routine. Afternoon nap anyone? Bliss!
- It’s only a weekend – if the weather is foul or the place we are staying doesn’t live up to expectations we’ve only wasted a few days. On the brighter side, if we’ve had a great time we can always go back.
I love hearing what people think about my blog so feel free to leave a comment below and browse around. You can also find me on Bloglovin’, or follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest.