10 things you didn’t know about me
I love a good meme post and was very excited to be tagged in 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me by Mim over at Mamamim.
Mim and I had our second babies within days of each other so I was delighted and relieved to find out she relies on the same mummy treats to help her get through the weekends. Find out what they are in her 10 Things post.
1. What’s your name and where’d you come from? (paying homage to the late, great Cilla)
Hi, my name is Claire and I come from Hampshire. Bless Cilla – she was the star of my childhood Saturday night TV schedule.
2. Why do you blog?
I blog because I love to write. It’s my job and also my hobby – I don’t have much imagination! I began blogging just before I went on my first period of maternity leave because I didn’t want to go rusty. However, I didn’t post regularly until last summer.
3. Where would you travel to that you haven’t already been and why?
This is a tough one. I read about some fantastic places on other travel blogs that make me want to grab my passport. Today, while it’s dull, I would have to say the Caribbean for a bit of sun.
4. Who’s your favourite Blogger?
I have lots of favourites for different reasons. My must reads are: You Baby Me Mummy for blogging tips; My Travel Monkey and Mummy Travels for fantastic family travel; Slouching Towards Thatcham for witty and thought provoking posts; and of course Mamamim for baby and parenting advice.
5. If you could collaborate with just one brand on your blog, who would it be?
It would have to be a cruise company like Carnival. My folks are retired and are always hopping on ships from Southampton to gorgeous destinations like the Mediterranean and Caribbean. They make me very jealous!
6. What is your proudest achievement, aside from your children?
Eek! Big question. I’ve done so many things that I’m proud of at work and in my personal life. It’s a wonderful feeling when you’ve worked so hard for something you want and you see it come off. The day I can remember bubbling over with pride was my wedding day – corny, I know!
7. Why did you choose your blog name?
I agonised over my blog name. It’s so important as it becomes your brand and needs to reflect you and what people can expect you to write about. Tin Box relates to our caravan and travelling is what we do. Since setting up my blog I’ve had two babies and they have snuck into my posts quite a lot. Would I change my blog name because of that? No. But I did do a little redesign before the summer to bring everything else a bit more up to date.
8. Who’s your no. 1 celebrity crush?
I don’t have a celebrity crush as such but I do have film character crushes. Leading men make my knees wobble, especially if they are a bit of a loner. I think I like bad boys. There, I’ve said it!
9. What is your biggest regret in life?
I try not to have regrets. They eat you up. Every day is a chance to start afresh.
10. What’s your no. 1 blogging tip?
Enjoy yourself. Write about things that you love and don’t feel pressured into pleasing anyone else. You’ll just end up resenting your blog.
Now it’s time for me to nominate 10 lovely bloggers to answer a few questions from me:
Jenny at Monkey and Mousey
Heledd at Running in Lavender
Ting at My Travel Monkey
Caro at The Twinkle Diaries
Fiona at Coombe Mill
Jade at Raising the Rings
Abi at You Baby Me Mummy
Cathy at Mummy Travels
Stevie at A Cornish Mum
Lisa at Mummascribbles
Here’s your questions ladies:
1. Where’s your happy place?
2. Have you booked your next holiday?
3. What was your favourite subject at school and why?
4. Glamping or all-inclusive?
5. What’s been the highlight of your year so far?
6. Kids say the funniest things. What’s the latest gem to pop out of your kids’ mouths?
7. Halloween or Christmas?
8. Tell me about your favourite photo of the year (include it if you’d like)
9. What was your all time favourite holiday and why?
10. What’s next for your blog?