Top camping tips from Halfords – The Ultimate Camping Guide
We’re going to be under canvas on more than one occasion this summer which has made me break out in a cold sweat. We’re outdoor types but there’s a bit of a difference between hitching up our caravan and pitching a tent. It’s been at least five years since we did the latter. So I was relieved when an email landed in my inbox asking if I’d like some top camping tips from The Ultimate Camping Guide by Halfords.
It’s a comprehensive guide to all things camping, from the best UK destinations, including our very own Devon, to entertaining kids, picking the perfect tent, surviving festivals, and glamping. There’s even a handy camping essentials checklist on the back cover. Best of all it’s available free online.
Ten top camping tips
Here are some of our favourite top camping tips from the The Ultimate Camping Guide:
- Entertain the kids with a game of rounders – I spent many a caravanning holiday playing this game with other children on the campsite.
- If pitching your tent on a slope make sure your feet point down hill when you’re in bed.
- Keep drinks in a separate chiller to avoid constantly opening the food cool box. Or use a bucket of water to keep cans and bottles cold.
- Never, ever cook inside a tent or bring an extinguished barbecue inside – you risk carbon monoxide poisoning
- When at a festival bring a flag to hoist above your tent – it makes it easier to find again later.
- Take a power bank to keep your phone charged while you are away from mains electric.
- Jazz up your tent with solar fairy lights.
- Opt for a tent with living space to make it as homely as possible.
- If travelling abroad make sure you have a Motoring Abroad Kit and also know the local laws on camping.
- Finally, don’t forget a mallet. It sounds common sense, but I remember leaving the mallet at home on more than one occasion!
What are your top camping tips? I’d love to hear them!
Disclosure: this is a collaborative post. All opinions are my own.
I love hearing what people think about my blog so feel free to leave a comment below or browse around. You can also find me on Bloglovin’, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google+ and LinkedIn.