Our favourite Devon Christmas day out is back in 2023, and it’s bound to be better than ever! We’ve been invited to the Crealy Christmas Spectacular in previous years and have always found it to be a full on, festive day out.
Full details of this year’s event are still to be released but read on to find out what was included in 2022 to give you an idea of what to expect.
Contents - jump to what you'd like to know
Crealy Christmas Spectacular 2022
In 2022 there were some new additions to the Christmas event at Crealy:
- meet and greet experience with Santa
- an immersive Christmas adventure with Jingles the Elf in the park’s Wilderness area
- and a new Sooty Christmas show.
Other activities in 2022 included:
- a live The Elves & The Toymaker ice show
- reindeer food making
- Mary Christmas’s Bakery
- Santa’s Toy Shop
- Santa’s post office
- lights and decorations around the park
Here’s our experience from 2019 to give you a taster of the magic you can expect this Christmas.
Crealy’s Christmas ice show
The theme of this year’s Christmas show at Crealy is yet to be announced but expect plenty of festive fun.
The 2019 ice show, The Snow Globe Adventure, took us on a magical journey around the world with stops in Rio, Africa and, of course, the North Pole.
There was ice skating, acrobatics and lots of gasp-worthy surprises throughout the show, during which the performers made several fast-paced costume changes.
Santa’s Toy Shop
The toy shop is a highlight for kids. Last time, we discovered it at the end of a winding path, complete with photo opportunities.
Here children can pick their own present from a large room full of unwrapped gifts.
It’s not a traditional grotto, but it is incredibly exciting for children to be told they can choose anything they like.
In 2022 there was a Santa meet and greet which sounded like more of a grotto experience.
More Christmas fun at Crealy, Devon
Of course, if you buy tickets for a full day at Crealy you can also have a go on all of the rides and attractions that are open during the winter season as well as seeing the Christmas shows.
Find more Devon Christmas days out ideas.
When is Crealy Christmas Spectacular in 2023?
This year’s event is taking place from 25 November to 23 December 2023.
Tickets for Crealy Christmas Spectacular
2023 tickets have not yet been released.
Visit the Crealy website to sign up for updates.
The Crealy Christmas Spectacular – handy things to know
- Tickets must be booked online in advance.
- You can pick one of four daily Christmas show times when you book. You receive tickets for your chosen slot when you arrive at Crealy.
- Children are also given cards which are stamped at each activity. Keep these safe as they can’t be replaced.
- Activities like making reindeer food and gingerbread decorating are mini-shows so happen every half hour or so. You just need to walk up and queue. We didn’t need to wait more than a few minutes before each show in previous years.
- The post office, Santa’s toy workshop and Christmas crafts are open all the time so you just walk up.
- You need to arrive at the Big Top Arena 15 minutes before your show. We’d advise getting there a bit earlier to get good seats.
- As well as the Christmas activities there are usually around 15 Crealy rides open, plus indoor play.
Here’s a video from our last visit to Crealy’s Christmas Spectacular:
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is located on Sidmouth Road in Clyst St Mary near Exeter.
You might also like to read my review of the Crealy Meadows campsite.
Take a look at my round up of more Christmas events in Devon.
Disclosure: we have been guests at the Crealy Christmas Spectacular in previous years. All opinions and images are my own.