Children’s activity packs for travel from Are We There Yet?
How do you entertain children while travelling? In our five years as parents we’ve tried and tested a number of tactics: snacks, music, car games, toys, magazines, snacks (yep, that’s not a typo – snacks happen a lot while we’re travelling). Something that we’ve not tried until now are pre-made children’s activity packs.
I’ve heard about travel activity packs before and know people who rave about them. But how good are they really? After all, couldn’t anyone throw together some colouring books, pencils and a few travel toys for children?
I suppose the answer is yes, if you have time and some imagination. But if, like me, you’re often short on time before trips then travel activity bags like those sold by Are we There Yet? are a great option. They can also work out cheaper than buying the items individually yourself, so it’s a time and penny saver!
What comes in a children’s activity pack from Are We There Yet?
4-5 year old pack
13 items in the reusable draw string bag:
- Magnetic snakes and ladders game
- Felt tip pens
- Animal stamps
- Small note book
- Mini touchable bubbles
- Charm bracelet
- Crown making kit
- Usborne dolly sticker book
- Activity book
- Sticker craft set
- Play foam
- x2 lollies
I estimate this travel activity pack contains about £30 worth of goodies plus the draw string bag.
2-3 year old
10 items in the reusable draw string bag:
- Sticker book
- Story book
- x 2 animal masks to colour
- Cardboard finger puppets to colour
- Crown making kit
- Mini magnetic drawing board
- Play foam
- Mini touchable bubbles
- Elephant threader
I estimated this travel activity pack contains at least £20 worth of goodies plus the draw string bag.
What ages can you get the the children’s activity bags for?
Are We there Yet?‘s activity packs are available in four age brackets: 1+ year old, 2-3 year old, 4-5 year old and 6+ year old. You can order packs for girls or boys.
How much are these travel activity packs?
Children’s activity packs for 1+ year olds cost £24.99. Travel packs for older children cost £19.99 each.
Something that makes them even better value is that you can get refill packs for £16.99 for children aged two and up. This is a handy option if you have a return trip to think about.
Christmas bags and boxes are also available at £19.99.
Shipping costs £3.99.
What we thought of these children’s activity packs for travel
Our travel activity packs arrived just before a weekend away in Cornwall. I was driving solo so knowing the girls had something to entertain them during our two hour journey was a weight off my mind. The trip took three hours in the end thanks to terrible weather and congested roads.
Five-year-old Tot and three-year-old Baby spied the bags from Are We There Yet? a few days before and were immediately intrigued to find out what was inside. I managed to keep their hands off them for another few days. They were very excited when I said they could open them in the car. Too excited to sit still for decent photos on a dull, wet day!
What the girls loved
The colouring, stickers and lollies were an immediate hit. Tot passed Baby one of her lollies as there were no sweets in the 2-3 year old bag. Thank goodness she was feeling generous, as this could have caused an argument before I’d started the car!
Some other kids activity bags on the market come with healthy snacks as well as things to do. But I’m not too worried that these are missing from the Are We There Yet? bags as both my girls have different tastes. I’d prefer to slip in a few things I know they’d like.
There were a few similar items in the two packs but also some age specific toys that were well targeted, like the threading elephant, which Baby loved.
Baby quickly fell asleep during our journey but Tot continued to play with her pack until it went dark. When we arrived at our holiday lodge in Cornwall the activity bags came out again while I unpacked and made dinner.
The different activities, particularly the snakes and ladders game that the girls played with their grandparents, kept resurfacing all weekend.
Some things we even managed to save until we got home, like the play foam and touchable bubbles, which I was keen we didn’t spread around the holiday lodge – I’m a bit of a clean freak and my kids are not!
However these items are really not that messy and would be fine if your kids aren’t running around with them.
Children’s activity bags for travel, road trips and flying with children
All in all the bags were a hit with the girls and had plenty to keep them going beyond our journey. They’re ideal to keep little people amused while flying or on a road trip, or to use over weekends away like ours.
Find out more about Are We There Yet? travel bags and place orders on their website.
CLOSED – Win an Are We There Yet? children’s activity bag or Christmas activity box
The lovely team at Are We There Yet? have offered a children’s activity bag for travel or a Christmas activity box for one lucky reader. Enter by using the Rafflecopter widget below. The closing date for entries is 23:59 on Monday 10 December 2018. Please read the terms and conditions below. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
- UK entrants aged 18 or over only.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The closing date for this competition is 23:59 on Monday 10 December 2018.
- The winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be emailed to ask for their choice of prize, telephone number and delivery address. These details will be shared with Are We There Yet? so the prize can be delivered. If the winner does not reply within seven days another winner will be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond my control, and accordingly I may vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to me.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- The winning entry will be validated and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry a new winner will be chosen.
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winner’s entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
Disclosure: we are running this giveaway in partnership with Are We There Yet? and received our children’s activity packs in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
If you’re heading off on your travels soon and might need children’s activity packs then pin this for later: