Monday Escapes 46
While my Monday Escapes colleagues have all been off or are away on holidays I’ve been enjoying some days out close to home, proving that you don’t always have to travel far to explore new places (although I’m not-so-secretly lusting after all the breaks the ladies have been taking).
Here’s a snap shot of some of our adventures in the past fortnight from walking part of the UK’s South West Coastal Path to exploring the gardens of Saltram House near Plymouth.
Two weeks ago it was the turn of Lisa and myself to host Monday Escapes and we had 42 inspirational travel posts linked up. Thank you to everyone who took part.
This week the linky is being hosted by Karen at Mini Travellers.
This fortnight’s featured Monday Escapes posts
One of the best and worst jobs of hosting is picking a few favourites to share. There were so many fantastic posts and Instagram pictures. Here are mine and Lisa’s picks from last time:
A walk to Burra Ness Broch by Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. I like the level of detail Elizabeth has included in her post about a walk and overnight stay on Yell in Scotland. It sounds like a magical place and I’d love to spook myself with a stay at Winehouse Lodge Cottage
Alta Alella Vineyard | Explore Costa Barcelona with kids by One Tiny Leap. Maria has shared her experience of a vineyard that offers family-friendly tours on the Costa Barcelona. Aside from her stunning photography which sells the experience in itself, what’s not to love about a vineyard that welcomes kids?
100+family things to do in the United Arab Emerites by Baby Globetrotters. Lisa says: ‘I’m seriously impressed with how many attractions there are to visit with kids in the UAE by Keri at Baby Globetrotters.’
10 best cruise ports in photos by Wanderlust Family. Lisa says: ‘Wandermust Mummy made me want to hop back on a cruise ship with her article featuring her favourite 10 cruise ship ports including Venice and Copenhagen.’
Now, on to this time’s Monday Escapes. If you haven’t joined in before, welcome! We can’t wait to get to know you and be inspired by your travels. Here’s how to get involved:
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too.
Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post on your site or a link back to the hosts. You can grab the badge or code below.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad wherever you are in the world.
• Comment on posts by the two co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great! In return, your fortnightly hosts promise to comment on each blog post between them as well as sharing your post on Twitter and Pinterest.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love and pick our favourites to include in the Monday Escapes post on each of our blogs next fortnight.
What’s in it for you?
The number one thing is you’ll be sharing your fantastic posts with a like-minded community and grabbing some travel inspiration for yourself. As a bonus you have a chance to have your blog post and/or hashtagged Instagram posts featured on all four of the hosts’ blogs each fortnight, introducing your blog to even more people. How great is that?!
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the pairs of hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday of the first week. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing our photos of the fortnight via Instagram.