Monday Escapes 44
I’ve just got back from a brilliant and exhausting weekend in Cornwall in the South West of the UK. We were there to review Trevella Holiday Park and visit some of the county’s wonderful family attractions. I have soooo much to write about now, but as a sneak preview here’s one of my favourite pictures from the past few days. It’s Tin Box Tot checking out the wonderful array of pumpkins on show at The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Two weeks ago Lisa and I hosted our first Monday Escapes link up with a whopping 58 bloggers joining in. Thanks to each and every one of you. You are amazing and we so enjoyed reading about all your adventures.
This week you’ll find the link up over on Extraordinary Chaos with Sarah and Karen as your hosts. Sarah is linking Things to do in the Burgundy backroads, Karen is linking up Surf Snowdonia for kids, Lisa is linking UK family-friendly attractions hand picked by local mums, and I am linking Florence with toddlers: what to see in 4 hours.
This fortnight’s featured Monday Escapes posts
One of the best and worst jobs of hosting is picking a few favourites to share. There were so many fantastic posts and Instagram pictures. After a lot of deliberating my top posts from last time were:
South Africa travels: The Wine Tram by Clara Wiggins: The Expat Partner’s Survival Guide. Clara’s post gave me serious trip envy. I loved the idea of having a day off mum duties to go on a wine tour.
Austria with kids: 5 things to do in Innsbruck by The Curious Pixie. Sima shares some great tips for places to visit in Austria and her photos are spectacular.
Lisa’s favourites were:
Why we don’t wait to take our kids to Disney World by Becoming a traveling family. Allison shares her four reasons why her and her husband do not wait to take their young children to Disney. Lisa read the post with great interest as it is a subject she’s debated a lot with her husband have during the past year.
Activities with kids in Bali by Piccolo Explorer. Cindy shares her top recommendations for places to visit with kids in Bali including the Bali Turtle Sanctuary to release baby sea turtles back into the wild and a visit to the Ubud Monkey Forest to hand feed the monkeys!
This time on Monday Escapes, Karen and Sarah are your hosts. You can link up all your travel related posts here.
If you haven’t joined in before, welcome! We can’t wait to get to know you and be inspired by your travels. Here’s how to get involved:
What is Monday Escapes?
Monday Escapes is all about looking back at wonderful, happy travel memories and sharing them with others. It doesn’t have to be about a trip abroad or even be a written post. If you want to share your favourite snapshots – whether it’s a famous sight, scene, dramatic view or even a favourite family photo, then please feel free to link those up, too.
Likewise, posts don’t have to be about holidays or weekends away, they can also include day trips, walks, attractions – any travel experience that you want to share.
So how do you join in?
• Link up to one post/photo – old or new.
• Please make sure to include the Monday Escapes badge at the bottom of the post on your site or a link back to the hosts. You can grab the badge or code below.
• Posts are anything travel-related, and can include photos, reviews, days out, attractions and walks – at home or abroad wherever you are in the world.
• Comment on posts by the co-hosts and at least two others. Blog hops only work if you share the comment love. That’s why they’re so great! In return, your fortnightly hosts promise to comment on each blog post between them as well as sharing your post on Twitter and Pinterest.
• Similarly, if you want to show off your photos on Instagram using #MondayEscapes, we will show those photos some love and pick our favourites to include in the Monday Escapes post on each of our blogs next fortnight.
Let’s get linking
Monday Escapes will go live every two weeks, alternating between the hosts and will be open Monday to Wednesday of the first week. Every fortnight we will be giving a shout out to some of our favourite posts and photos, and choosing a Photo of the Fortnight via Instagram.
So why not head over to Extraordinary Chaos and link up today!