Review & Giveaway: KEEN Terradora Ethos and Newport H2 footwear for outdoor adventures
Spring has been a long time coming but I think we’re finally getting to the stage where we can leave the house without full-on wet weather gear. Having the right footwear for our outdoor adventures is essential and waterproof boots are a must in the winter. But with the warmer weather approaching something lighter, yet practical, for walks in the woods and trips to the beach is in order.
We were invited to review the KEEN Terradora Ethos and Newport H2 footwear during our outdoor adventures in Cornwall. Read on for a chance to win a pair of the kids sandals!
KEEN Terradora Ethos hiking trainers
I was sent a pair of the new Terradora Ethos hiking trainers which are billed as being perfect for working out in the great outdoors or every day adventures like dog walks and chasing the kids on their bikes.
I’ve got to admit that the lower impact stuff is more up my street these days but when I popped the trainers on for the first time they had the feel of a sports shoe – cushioned and supportive. This was ideal for taking the girls cycling on the trails at Lanhydrock on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall.
KEEN have quite a few shoes and boots in their Terradora range but the Ethos is the first with an open-air design which means it has slots down each side to make them properly breathable and comfortable in warmer weather. They’re already on my packing list for sightseeing and beach days during our cruise in May and our holiday to the Italian Lakes in the summer.
Terradora Ethos hiking trainer features:
- A durable, water repellent upper
- A quick dry lining with Cleansport NXT ™ treatment for freshness
- A removable, cushioned footbed for comfort
- All-terrain rubber outsole
- Elasticated laces to keep them secure
- Available in three colour combinations
- Also available in Children’s UK 7, through to UK 6 in the Youth model. Prices start at £55 for the children’s sizes.
Terradora Ethos RRP £84.99.
Newport H2 sandal for kids
Tin Box Tot and Baby were each sent a pair of Newport H2 sandals in two of the 17 new rainbow colours available. I’ve been really impressed by the durability of the sandals. They are robust enough for every day play and keep the girls’ delicate feet safe from inevitable bumps with a closed rubber toe.
Like my Terradoras, the Newport H2 are designed to get wet and muddy, and dry off quickly after a dunk in a puddle. They are also washable, which was extremely good news after an afternoon on the damp cycle trails at Lanhydrock.
Even better, the girls love them and once we brave throwing off our long winter trousers they will also look fab with shorts and skirts.
Newport H2 sandal features:
- A washable polyester, upper with hard wearing synthetic overlays
- A quick drying lining with a chemical free Cleansport NXT™ treatment to keep feet fresh
- A cushioned footbed for comfort
- KEEN’s trademark rubber toe bumper
- Elasticated laces to keep them secure
- Available in 17 colours.
Newport H2 RRP from £34.99.
Our verdict on KEEN footwear for outdoor adventures
We love these shoes – they are comfy, practical and ideal for outdoor activities with kids. We’ll be packing them for all our adventures involving woodland walks, beaches and cycling.
Win a pair of Newport H2 sandals for kids
The lovely people at KEEN are offering a pair of Newport H2 sandals for kids as a prize for a Tin Box Traveller reader. The closing date for this giveaway is midnight (23.59pm) on Wednesday 2 May, 2018. Please read the terms and conditions below. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & conditions
- UK entrants aged 18 or over only.
- There is no cash alternative.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- The closing date for this competition is midnight (23.59pm) on Wednesday 2 May, 2018.
- The winner will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter and will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be emailed to ask for their choice of prize, telephone number and delivery address. If they do not reply within seven days another winner will be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond my control, and accordingly I may vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to me.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- The winning entry will be validated and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry a new winner will be chosen.
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winner’s entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
Disclosure: we are running this competition in partnership with KEEN and received our KEEN footwear in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Pin for later