I love the winter months: snuggling under a thick duvet; feeling the crunch of frost under my feet; and not worrying too much about eating lots of chocolate – after all, you need a bit of extra padding to keep warm, right?
However, there comes a point when taking half an hour to get the family appropriately dressed before you can leave the house starts to wear thin.
10 signs you’re ready for Spring:
- Your hands are so dry they resemble the gnarly branches of an ancient oak tree.
- The lingering smell of stale Christmas dinner in your house is making you feel queezy.
- You have started to collect travel brochures and trawl websites to plan your summer break.
- Your skin looks so dull you are seriously considering visiting that dodgy looking tanning shop round the corner.
- You are starting to feel ashamed that you haven’t been bothered to repaint your toe-nails since November.
- You’re fed up of being blinded by the low sun every time you hit the road in daylight.
- You long to replace sausage and mash dinners with a light and healthy salad – that’s serious stuff!
- You can’t resist the ‘have I wet myself, oh no, it’s OK’ feeling of the heated car seat – even for a five minute journey.
- Your Wellington boots have been caked in mud for so long that you’ve forgotten what colour they are.
- The novelty of a hot chocolate in front of the fire has worn off and you’d much prefer a G&T in the garden.